The typical normality for the Holidays involves traveling to be with friends and family. This year, the pandemic is making travel involve much more consideration than a typical Holiday Season. No matter how much we all want to get back to normalcy, it is still as important as ever to take the proper precautions for everyone’s safety.
According to the US Centers of Disease Control and Prevention, travel increases the chance of contracting and spreading COVID-19. Health Officials also remind everyone that a great deal of community spread is from household gatherings. So is it currently safe to gather with friends and family? How can you make it safer?
If you choose to travel this Holiday Season:
- Try to keep gatherings small
- Wear a mask
- Practice social distancing
- Keep good hand hygiene
- Take your own vehicle if feasible
- Avoid heavily crowded spaces (black friday shopping, bars etc.)
If you are hosting guests in your home:
- Limit the number of attendees as much as possible
- Try to stay home and social distance yourself the two weeks before guests arrive and request they do the same
- Disinfect parts of the house guests will be occupying
- Have hand sanitizer (at least 60% alcohol) available for guests and encourage guests to bring some
Taking general precaution this Holiday Season is the smart thing to do, for yourself and those you are spending time with. Wear a mask. Wash your hands. Stay socially distanced. Be Smart. Stay Safe and Stay Healthy.